If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 6 large servings or 8 small ones
Quick Pickled Radishes
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 5 allspice berries
- 5 peppercorns
- 6 to 7 radishes, cleaned and sliced thinly
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat all ingredients (except for radishes), stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool. Strain into a large jar over thinly sliced radishes and store in the fridge until planned use. They'll last for a while in a tightly-sealed container.
Chilled Avocado, Yogurt, and Charred Serrano Soup
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 English cucumber, roughly chopped
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- 2 cups water, or more as needed
- 2 scallions, whites and greens thinly sliced
- 6 serrano peppers, charred and roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Quick pickled radishes, to garnish
- Add the avocado, yogurt, cucumber, and lime juice and zest to a blender or food processor and purée. Add water as needed to achieve the desired thickness of the soup.
- Pour the puree into a bowl and fold in most of the charred serranos and scallions, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with pickled radishes and the extra scallions and serranos. Serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!