If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Wholesome and very healthy black bean, corn and avocado salad served with homemade tortilla chips is ideal for big family and friends gatherings. Seasoned with lime and cumin dressing, it's refreshing, delicious and flavorful, perfect spring and summer salad. —Natalie Knezic
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- salt to taste
- In a small bowl add all dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Taste dressing and make tweaks according to taste preferences. Set aside.
- In a large bowl put black beans, corn, diced onion and avocado, tomatoes and parsley. Stir well.
- Pour dressing over the salad. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Serve cooled with corn tortilla chips.
- For tortilla chips: Preheat oven to 356F (180C). Slice corn tortillas to even pieces. Place on parchment paper. Sprinkle with salt and hot spices. Bake for 10 minutes, until golden and crunchy.