If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tofu Bhurji is a quick, healthy, vegan and delicious recipe prepared using tofu, onion, tomatoes and spices in less than 15 minutes —Sri Mallya
- 9 ounces Tofu
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Green chilies chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger grated
- 3 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1/2 Capsicum chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chile powder
- 1/4 cup Frozen green peas
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- Using food processor or knife finely chop onion, green chilli, ginger, garlic cloves, capsicum and tomatoes.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes.
- Heat oil in non stick pan. add cumin seeds, turmeric powder and hing and saute for few seconds.
- Add the chopped onion, garlic, green chilli, ginger, salt to taste and saute till onion becomes light in color for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add the capsicum, green peas and the tomatoes and saute till tomatoes become soft. Add the red chilli powder as per your taste and mix well.
- Now add the tofu and lemon juice and saute it for about 2 to 3 minutes. Tofu Bhurji is now ready. Serve it hot with any bread and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with Tofu