If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe I learnt from an old italian friend of mine. Its so tasty but needs a bit of time for the sauce to reduce as the sugar comes out of the cauliflower so the sauce almost tastes a little sweet. It is well worth the wait. —rochelle Gallagher
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 fresh chillies
- 2 cups good olive oil
- 1 handful garlic
- 1 handful italian parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet penne pasta
- Heat oil in deep pan, add garlic and chillies. cook until golden brown. Don't have the gas on to hot as it will burn the oil.
- Chop cauliflower roughly add to oil. Keep moving the cauliflower around then pan this is a long process as it will take a while for the cauliflower to break down, it will take around 40 mins. When you see it breaking down the cauliflower should be a golden colour then with a large spoon help it along a bit by breaking it up.
- Place your penne pasta in a pot of boiling water and cook till al dente should be 6 to 9 mins.
- Remove pasta from pot and add into cauliflower sauce. Mix well and serve with parmesan cheese and italian parsley.