If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Serves 2 as a side
- 1/2 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Dry white wine (I use Sauvignon Blanc) + a little extra for the pan sauce
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 7 Green onion bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Heavy cream
- 3/4 tablespoon Dijon mustard - Depending on how spicy your mustard is you may want to use a little less.
- 1 to 2 pinches Salt and Pepper
- Trim the sprouts and cut in half lengthwise.
- In a large skillet heat butter and EVOO over medium heat.
- Place sprouts in skillet, cut side down, in one layer. Add the salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the sprouts, without turning, until undersides are golden brown, about 5 min.
- Add the green onions, garlic, wine, & stock. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to med-low, and cover with a lid.
- Cook until tender & can be pierced easily with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Scoop out the sprouts, leaving liquids, garlic & green onions in the pan.
- Add cream & simmer for 2-3 min until slightly thickened.
- Whisk in the Dijon, taste for seasoning, and adjust as necessary.
- Plate the sprouts and pour the pan sauce over.