Serves: 2 as a side
pound Brussels Sprouts
tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
cup Dry white wine (I use Sauvignon Blanc) + a little extra for the pan sauce
cup Chicken broth
Green onion bulbs, thinly sliced
Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
tablespoon Heavy cream
tablespoon Dijon mustard - Depending on how spicy your mustard is you may want to use a little less.
1 to 2
pinches Salt and Pepper
In This Recipe
- Trim the sprouts and cut in half lengthwise.
- In a large skillet heat butter and EVOO over medium heat.
- Place sprouts in skillet, cut side down, in one layer. Add the salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the sprouts, without turning, until undersides are golden brown, about 5 min.
- Add the green onions, garlic, wine, & stock. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to med-low, and cover with a lid.
- Cook until tender & can be pierced easily with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Scoop out the sprouts, leaving liquids, garlic & green onions in the pan.
- Add cream & simmer for 2-3 min until slightly thickened.
- Whisk in the Dijon, taste for seasoning, and adjust as necessary.
- Plate the sprouts and pour the pan sauce over.