If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These waffles sound like a guilty indulgence but really they only taste like it. Made with no refined sugars, these waffles are primarily sweetened with mashed ripe bananas. Added whey protein and plain greek yogurt makes these a suitable option for a filling breakfast! The dark chocolate chips used in this recipe are stevia sweetened but trust me, if you are opposed to the taste of stevia as I often am, these chocolate chips will suprise you and are worth it! This recipe was created for the Purely Elizabeth Granola Recipe Challenge. I baked the chocolate sea salt probiotic right into these and it works perfectly! To vote for my recipe click this link: https://woobox.com/nf9gd7...
These waffles are gluten free and can be made and stored in the fridge or freezer. —Andie
Makes: 8 waffles
cup plain nonfat greek yogurt (I recommend Siggi's Brand - low and sugar)
cup Peanut or Nut Butter (I used Earth Balance Coconut Peanut because I love it!)
cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
cup gluten free oat flour
2 scoops or 44g
BiPro Unflavored Protein (if you have a favorite brand of protein powder use 44g of that)
cup Purely Elizabeth Chocolate Sea Salt Probiotic Granola
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
cup Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips
- Mash the bananas in a medium bowl. Add the remainder of the wet ingredients and mix well. Set aside
- Crunch up the granola in a big bowl and then mix together all of the dry ingredients accept for the chocolate chips
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until combined. Once combined fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour about a 1/2 cup of batter for each waffle (my waffle iron makes 2 square ones so I used about 1/2 for each square to come out to 1 cup of batter per batch). The waffle will probably need about 3-4 min to cook. Repeat this step until all of your batter has been used.
- Optional Toppings: A scoop of greek yogurt and pure maple syrup, fresh sliced banana and honey, or more granola. Options are endless!