Author Notes: Kalamata Olive Hummus - Garlic, Olives & Delicious!! —Imbue By Tara Kircher
Makes: 1 medium bowl
Can of Chickpeas (or 15oz dried)
tablespoons Olive oil, plus some for garnish
cup Kalamata olives (pitted)
Large garlic cloves
- If using dried chickpea’s, soak these fully immersed in water in the fridge overnight, they need to be very soft before blending.
- Juice one whole lemon, dispose of the flesh.
- Place all ingredients, including lemon juice & half your olives in the food processor. Blend together for a few minutes until all the contents become a smooth paste. About 3 minutes.
- Finely chop the remainder of olives.
- Scoop out blended hummus into an airtight container, garnish with olive oil, and the remaining chopped olives.
- Store in the fridge to cool for at least an hour before consuming, as it taste so much better chilled.
- * Will keep in an airtight container in the fridge 4-5 days.