If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chicken Satay Zoodle Salad – Lemon-marinated chicken on spiralized zucchini “zoodles” w/ sweet-spicy peanut satay dressing. Full of hearty crunchy texture, bright & creamy flavors, and a week’s worth of vitamins! —Holly
For The Chicken:
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil for marinade, plus 2 tablespoons for cooking
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenderloin strips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Pour into a resealable bag, add chicken, coat thoroughly, and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to a saucepan and bring to medium-high heat. Saute the chicken for 4 minutes, then flip each piece and cook for 3-4 more minutes. Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F. Cook chicken in batches to be sure to not overcrowd the pan.
- Once cooked, set aside while preparing the salad.
For The Dressing & The Salad:
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- juice from one lime
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 medium zucchini squash, "zoodled"
- 3 carrots, peeled & shredded
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and veins removed and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces snap peas, sliced in half
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced (for garnish, optional)
- 6 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro for garnish
- 2/3 cup salted dry-roasted peanuts, smashed
- To make Satay Dressing, combine rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds, olive oil, peanut butter, lime juice, Sriracha, and red pepper flakes in a mason jar and ensure lid is tightly sealed. Shake until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Spiralize the zucchini and place in a large bowl.
- Remove seeds & veins from the jalapenos, then slice into ¼-inch slices.
- Shred the carrots, julienne cucumbers and slice the scallions on the diagonal. Chop the cabbage into thin ribbons, and slice the snap peas in half lengthwise.
- Combine all the vegetables (except for jalapeños and cilantro) in a large mixing bowl and gently fold them together.
- Place peanuts in a resealable bag, and lightly hammer them with meat hammer or a rolling pin to break them into smaller pieces.
- To serve, plate the vegetables, add 1-3 cooked chicken tenderloins, sprinkle with peanuts, drizzle with peanut satay dressing, and garnish with sliced jalapeño and chopped cilantro.