If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A triple layer pavlova piled high with strawberries and whipped cream that is gently flavored with elderflower and vanilla. It's a light dessert using seasonal strawberries, elegant and delicious this makes a great summertime dessert. The recipe is adapted from Ina Garten. —sdebrango
- 4 large egg whites at room temperature
- pinch kosher salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons corn starch or corn flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Strawberries and Whipped Cream and assembly
- 1 punnet of fresh strawberries, cleaned, green removed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream or heavy cream
- 2-3 tablespoons super fine sugar (sweeten to your desired sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon elderflower syrup
- Pre heat oven to 200 degree's. Prepare a half and quarter sheet pan, lining with parchment. Cut out or use pre cut parchment rounds on top of the parchment, 2 on 1/2 sheet pan and 1 on quarter sheet pan.
- Whip the egg whites and salt until thick and creamy. Add the sugar a tbs at a time untill the egg whites are stiff and glossy. Remove from stand mixer and sift the corn starch on the egg whites, add the vanilla and gently fold until combined.
- Spoon some of the egg whites on each parchment round and smooth into a rough circle. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, turn off oven and let stand in the oven until completely cool at least another hour.
- Sprinkle the sugar on the berries and macerate for at least an hour. Drain and save the syrup, it's great on the finished dessert. Whip the cream and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Peel the parchment round from the cooled meringue and lay first layer on serving platter. Pile on strawberries and top with some whipped cream. Place another layer on top adding more strawberries and cream. Place top layer on and add the rest of the whipped cream and decorate with strawberries. Serve immediately.
More Great Recipes: