If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hearty kale salad tossed up with some of the best ingredients the Pacific Northwest is known for: salmon, hazelnuts, cranberries, and blue cheese, all with a simple lemon dressing. —Savory Love
Lemon Juice Vinaigrette
- 1/2 lemon, juiced, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Oregon Kale Salad
- 1 bunch kale, de-stemmed and shredded
- 3 1/2 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 ounces good blue cheese, crumbled
- In a large bowl big enough to hold all the ingredients, mix the lemon juice and olive oil together, adding salt and pepper and tasting. Slightly over salt your vinaigrette for now since it’s going to be covering a lot of kale.
- Add the shredded kale to the bowl with the lemon vinaigrette and mix it with your hands, massaging it gently until all the leaves are covered.
- Add the salmon, hazelnuts, cranberries, and blue cheese. Toss (we like the "cover the bowl with a lid and shake vigorously” method) until all ingredients are evenly distributed in the salad, then serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Salmon