If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is great for leftover salmon. It's easy and flavorful. I like to serve with raifort sauce. —Judy at My Well Seasoned Life
Makes 8-9 salmon cakes
- 1 pound cooked salmon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 red pepper finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 3/4 cup panko
- tablespoons cornmeal for breading
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons horseradish
- oil for frying patties
- Chop all vegetables and place in medium sized bowl.
- Add lemon juice, zest, mayonnaise and horseradish to bowl and toss to combine.
- Crumble salmon into bowl keeping the pieces large as they will reduce in size once you start mixing.
- Sprinkle panko on top of salmon and and toss to incorporate. Taste and add salt, pepper or more lemon juice as needed.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal sized balls. Shape balls into patties. If you want to serve as an appetizer make the patties smaller.
- Sprinkle corn meal on a plate, place a patty on the cornmeal and coat top, bottom and sides of each patty with cornmeal.
- Heat medium sized saute pan, add oil and place patty in pan. Flip when browned and brown other side. Continue until all patties are done.
- Raifort Sauce--whip cream until soft peaks appear, fold in horseradish, salt and pepper. Serve with salmon cakes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Salmon