If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy Green Hummus: Easy & healthy recipe adds a little kick to the classic! With chick peas, tahini, jalapeno, lemon, olive oil, garlic, & herbs. —Holly
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup rough chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup rough chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeds & stems removed, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces can of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional for garnish)
- Add the tahini and lemon juice to food processor and process for about 1 minute. Use a plastic spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Add olive oil, parsley, cilantro, jalapenos, onion, garlic and salt. Process for about 1 minute, scraping down the bowl as necessary.
- Add the chickpeas and process until the hummus has a thick and smooth texture... normally 1 or 2 minutes. Scrape down the bowl a few times while processing.
- If hummus is too thick, run the food processor while slowly adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water, until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Transfer the hummus into a small serving bowl. Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil on top and sprinkle with additional chopped herbs and green onions.
- Store hummus in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to one week.