If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I found the original recipe in an issue of Vegetarian Times and then made a few changes. This is an absolutely delicous "meaty" chili that even non-vegetarians will love! This is great with homemade cornbread. —There'sAlwaysPie
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 chipotle chilis in adobo sauce, rinsed and minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 packet vegetarian crumbles - Morningstar or Boca Ground Crumbles
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 15-oz. cans of Bush Chili Beans - mild or medium - half drained
- 1 15-oz. can of black beans - half drained
- 2-3 large carrots, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons Worschetshire sauce
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a dutch oven saute onion over medium high for about 7-10 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic and chipotle chilis and sautee for a minute more.
- Stir mushrooms into onions, garlic and chilis and let cook 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Add vegetarian crumbles, tomato paste, paprika, celery seed and 1 cup of water. Stir and let simmer about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in beans, carrots, tamari and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and let simmer for about 45 minutes and then add frozen corn and let heat through. Serve with cheddar cheese sprinkled on top.