If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Start your morning off with a healthy wild rice ceral breakfast! 175 calories! —jenniferw
- 3 ounces wild rice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 ounces dried apricots
- 3 ounces pearl barley (about 5 tablespoons)
- 1 ounce oats (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 ounce bulgur (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 ounces dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- In a saucepan, bring wild rice and 2 cups of water to a boil. Cook 20 minutes, then drain in a colander. Transfer to a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Chop apricots. Mix apricots, along with all remaining ingredients, into the wild rice.
- Add 2 cups of water and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake until tender, about 80 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Pour into a storage container and refrigerate. The muesli keeps for about 5 days. To serve, heat with milk in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Serve with fresh berries or fruit.