If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: we made homemade cinnamon rolls with a vibrant blueberry and pineapple glaze!! Homemade cinnamon rolls are the BEST and paired with the iced tea combo above, it’s the perfect brunch recipe! —Eden Passante
Makes 6 rolls
- 1/4 ounce Package Yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup scalded milk
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1 Egg
- 3 1/3 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Melted Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar plus more for pan
- 3 tablespoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Frozen Pineapple
- 3 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Butter, melted than cooled
- 2 tablespoons Pineapple juice
- For Cinnamon Rolls: In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix milk, sugar, butter, salt and eggs. Add in 2 Cups of flour and mix until smooth
- Add in yeast mixture and remaining flour. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 10 mins.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with towel and let rise for 1 1/2 hours
- Roll the dough out to a 15'' by 10'' rectangle. Spread the cinnamon filling over the top. Roll the dough like a log and pinch edges together to seal.
- Cut 6 large slices and then line them in a well greased round baking pan.
- Let the dough rise for about 30 mins in the pan before baking. Preheat over to 350 degrees and bake for 40 mins until golden brown.
- Pour glaze over the top and enjoy!
- For the Cinnamon filling: Mix all ingredients together in a bowl to spread on dough.
- For the glaze: Microwave the blueberries and pineapple until warm and juicy. Add them to a food processor and blend until pureed.
- Sift in the powdered sugar and mix until there are no lumps. Add in the melted butter and pineapple juice.