If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There's nothing like fresh, homemade pesto! It beats the heck out of anything you can buy in the store. Plus, you know exactly what's going into it. —Sarah 'n Spice
Makes 1 cup
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a food processor or blender and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add the oil and process until completely smooth.
- Pour the pesto into a large serving bowl and stir in the cheese. (If freezing skip this step)
- If freezing, transfer to an air-tight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Stir in cheese once thawed.