Author Notes: First made this while on vacation on the Jersey Shore. There is really nothing better than fresh Jersey corn (try it uncooked for a sweet and surprising crunch) and ripe heirloom tomatoes. Toss in fresh cooked crab or shrimp and serve with crusty bread to make it a complete meal! —AnnaFromBoston
cobs of fresh corn
ripe heirloom tomatoes, different colors if available
cup fresh basil leaves
fresh cracked pepper
cooked shrimp or crab (optional)
- Remove corn (cooked or raw, depending on your preference) from cob using a sharp knife. Place in large, shallow bowl.
- Quarter tomatoes and add to corn.
- Tear basil leaves and sprinkle over corn & tomatoes.
- Drizzle with oil & vinegar to taste.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If using, add shredded crab meat or diced shrimp.
- Gently combine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes