If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Asian Fried Noodles - A gourmet feast from the Far East —jenniferw
- 7 ounces udon noodles
- 2 ounces peas
- 2 ounces mung bean sprouts
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ teaspoons szechuan pepper
- ½ bunches cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons roasted, salted peanuts
- Cook noodles and peas in boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain in a sieve over a bowl, reserving 50 ml cooking water. Drain noodles and peas well.
- Rinse sprouts and drain well in a sieve. Halve bell pepper, remove seeds, rinse and cut into thin strips. Coarsely crush Szechuan pepper in a mortar. Rinse cilantro, shake dry, pluck leaves and chop coarsely.
- In a non-stick pan or wok, fry pepper in sesame oil over medium heat for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Mix in noodles, peas and reserved water. Continue to cook and stir until liquid has evaportated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, soy sauce and Szechuan pepper. Pour over noodles and stir until cooked.
- Mix cilantro and sprouts with noodles. Arrange noodles on plates and sprinkle with peanuts to serve.