Author Notes: Squash breakfast toast recipe - quick and easy breakfast toast layered with tons of flavour. Cottage cheese, roasted squash, dried apricots and sesame. —VeryBreakfast
Serves: 1 toast
tablespoon cottage cheese or cream cheese
slices of roasted squash
piece of toast of your choice
salt and sesame seeds for sprinkling
In This Recipe
- Roast the squash in advance - Wash and chop squash in half, place on a roasting tray and roast for 40min up to an hour. Pierce with a fork to check if it's fully cooked through. Don't peel the squash. When roasted skin will become nice and soft.
- Toast the slice of bread.
- Smear cottage cheese or cream cheese on the toast and sprinkle with salt.
- Add roughly chopped squash and chopped dried apricots.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.