If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hearty kale salad mixed with pickled cherries & kohlrabi and topped with parmesan —Vicky | Things I Made Today
For the pickling:
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 5 ounces cherries, halved and pitted
- 1 small kohlrabi, skin peeled and julienned
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, and salt. Place cherries in one small bowl or jar and kohlrabi in another. Pour half the vinegar over cherries and the other half over the kohlrabi, stirring to coat. Set aside while you make the rest of the salad, about 10-15 minutes.
For the salad:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 large bunch laminate or Red Russian kale, stems removed and leaves roughly torn
- 1/2 small red onion, slicked thin
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, sliced thin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, salt, lemon juice, and honey. Pour over kale leaves and use your hands to massage kale until it breaks down and softens, about 5-6 minutes.
- Toss kale with red onion, cherries, and kohlrabi. Top with Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit