If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am bringing my grill game to the veggie garden this year and our beets are not going to be overlooked. I saw a quesadilla recipe with grilled beets and goat cheese from eating well and which ended up being the inspiration for these tacos. They would be great served as an appetizer. —Liz | inspired by the seasons
Makes 4 small tacos
For the Sauce
- 2/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Green Onion, finely minced
- 1 pinch Salt
- 4 Medium Sized Beets
- 2 Ears of Corn
- 1 Greens from Beets, sliced into ribbons
- 1 cup Queso Fresca Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- 4 Small corn tortillas
- For Sauce, Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, refrigerate for 1 hour
- Peel and slice beets about 1/2" wide, toss with oil. Grill beets 4 minutes each side. Grill corn 6 minutes, turn and grill on other side for an additional 6 minutes.
- After corn is cooked, remove husk and cut off kernels.
- Assemble tacos - Beet greens first, then beets, next the corn and cheese and top with sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Cooked Over a Fire