If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rice is quite more complex than we think.
We usually see the rice like a lazy thing to make, but good rice takes some time & love. —Eatingcasual
Makes 3 cup
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 3 cups Water or broth
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 4 Bay leaf
- 1 Star anise
- 4 Cardamom pods
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Soak the rice for about 10 min in cold water. After the soaking rinse until the water comes out clear. Reserve.
- In a medium sauce pan heat oil to a medium. Add all of your spices and fry until it start to smell.
- Add your rice and make sure to coat it with the oil after adding your liquid.
- bring it to boil then turn down to low the temperature & cook for approximately 15 min. When you lower the temperature I suggest you to keep an eye on it. This is where everything can go bad. So when it starts to have a very low water level in the rice (about at 12 min of the cooking time) I turn off the heat and leave it for the last 3 min. Like that you gonna make sure that the rice is not getting dry or burnt.
- Serve it with your favorite meal, if youre looking for inspiration check out my spicy tofu which is a wonderful combination with this rice.
- TIPS: Rice can be really tasty, for that you should have some fun with it. Try some colorful spices, tumeric, paprika, chili powder. Fry some oignon with your spices or use some tomatoe juice for the liquid. Just be creative !