If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you can hold off on eating the grilled peaches straight off the grill, these popsicles are a smokey, sweet and fragrant treat on a hot summer day. Look for fragrant peaches that are firm but have a slight give when pressed. —S. Mitrovich
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- Juice of one lemon
- For the bayleaf syrup: Combine sugar, water and bayleaves in a pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low until sugar has dissolved. When sugar has completely dissolved take of heat and let sit, covered, for an hour. Discard bay leaves and set syrup aside.
- For grilled peaches: Brush the cut sides of the peaches with a neutral vegetable oil, like grapeseed or canola. Place on a hot grill, cut side down and grill until golden brown and just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. Let cool
- In a food processor, combine grilled peaches, lemon and bay leaf syrup. Pulse a few time for a chunkier popsicle or process until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze for an hour then insert popsicle sticks and freeze for at least another hour more, until fully set.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Cooked Over a Fire