I originally made a raw version of this salsa and then tested the grilled and raw version on my family. They voted and grilled won.
Makes: 4 cups
cups GRILLED DICED PINEAPPLE
cup GRILLED DICED ONION
dash CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- 1 Peel pineapple and cut into ¼ inch slice rings.
- 2 Peel onion and cut into ¼ rings
- 3 Zest lime and cut in half
- On medium high heat grill grill pineapple rings, onion rings, poblano and lime halves 1-2 minutes per side (you just need grill marks)
- Remove blacken skin, stem and seeds from poblano and chop into medium dice. Chop pineapple and onion into medium dice.
- Add 90 % of the pineapple, onion, poblano, lime zest and juice from lime; add cracked black pepper. Taste and adjust as necessary. Serve with chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Cooked Over a Fire