Author Notes: Who doesn't love chicken wings??? This American Whiskey (www.AmericanWhiskeynyc.com) Smoked Chicken Wing recipe is one of the best. They are definitely worth the wait and your guests will be begging for more. —staff
tablespoon black peppercorns
cloves garlic, smashed
spanish onion, chopped
- Bring all ingredients, excluding beer, to a boil
- Cool to room temperature then add beer.
- Chill in the refrigerator until below 40 Fahrenheit.
- Brine the wings for 24 hours.
- Remove from brine and lay out on a sheet pan to dry for an hour.
- Bake for 30 min at 350 Fahrenheit.
- Cool until ready to fry.
- When ready to fry, place in 375 Fahrenheit oil for 4-5 minutes, or until at a crispness of your liking.
- Toss in warm hot sauce and serve with blue cheese sauce.