If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When we are kids we us to get corn and stick; one of our parents (most of the time was my mom) will build us a fire. That was pretty much for recipe but if you have špek skin and some salt you play completely different game. —anka
Serves one corn per person
- Smoked špek skin with thin layer of fat (cold smoked bacon skin)
- Sea salt
- Peel the corn and save some nice and clean inside husk, place on the side.
- Skewer corn on the stick; then roast the corn to your liking, not on the flames bur close to the embers.
- Just before the corn is finished; place smoked špek skin on another stick or just on the rock that was near the fire and it is hot, you want fat to start to melt.
- Using corn husk to protect your hand from burning; place melting špek skin on the husk and rub roasted corn in to at when it is still hot, sprinkle with salt.
- We used some saved husk like napkins.