Author Notes: When we are kids we use to get corn and stick; one of our parents (most of the time was my mom) will build us a fire. That was pretty much for the recipe but if you have špek skin and some salt you play a completely different game. —anka
Serves: one corn per person
Smoked špek skin with thin layer of fat (cold smoked bacon skin)
- Peel the corn and save some nice and clean inside husk, place on the side.
- Skewer corn on the stick; then roast the corn to your liking, not on the flames bur close to the embers.
- Just before the corn is finished; place smoked špek skin on another stick or just on the rock that was near the fire and it is hot, you want the fat to start to melt.
- Using corn husk to protect your hand from burning; place melting špek skin on the husk and rub roasted corn in to at when it is still hot, sprinkle with salt.
- We used some saved inside husk for a napkin.