If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These bars from curd cheese and yogurt, designed in our lab, are flavored with lavender, solidified with algae agar-agar and colored with the home-made raw black-currant syrup. —SweetLaab
- 200 grams wholemeal biscuits, ground
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 500 grams soft cottage cheese, low-fat
- 150 grams white Greek yogurt, fat-free
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons cane sugar (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers (preferably from herb store) to make 1.6 - 1.8 l of the tea
- 13 grams agar-agar
- 3 tablespoons black-currant syrup
- 10-15 sprigs fresh lavender flowers to garnish
- Mix biscuits with coconut oil and honey, then press into the form of 32 x 23 cm (12 19/23 x 9 1/16 in) using the cup with a flat bottom
- Bake for 15 min. in an oven preheated to 150 oC (302 oF), to harden the layer
- Combine cottage cheese, yogurt, vanilla, sugar (if it is too solid, add milk) and then stir in boiled agar in the lavender tea (550-600 ml),
- Pour the agar mixture into the form with biscuits, it will solidify in a few minutes, then store the form in a refrigerator, work quickly because agar solidifies fast, the height of curd cheese layer should be around 2 - 2.5 cm (0 .63 / 64 in)
- Meanwhile make the jelly top layer: dissolve 3 g agar in 400 ml of lavender tea, let stand for a few minutes to swell it and then boil over low heat for a few minutes, add syrup, wait until it cools down a bit (but does not harden) and pour over the solidified cheese layer in the form, allow solidify in the refrigerator for an hour covered with the foil or preferably overnight
- Cut into slices (12 large squares, or 24 smaller rectangles)
- Garnish with small sprigs of lavender