If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Beautiful and crunchy red cabbage, carrot, and sugar snap peas come together with a spicy peanut dressing to perfectly satisfy on a hot summer day. For more of the story visit my food blog, www.thealiconklin.com! —Ali Conklin
Serves 12-15 as a side
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 1/4 cups sugar snap peas, in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- sesame seeds to garnish, optional
- scallion to garnish, optional
- Place cabbage, carrot, and sugar snap peas in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine peanut butter, tamari, sesame oil, rice vinegar, sriracha, and garlic powder stirring until smooth. It will be quite thick at this point. Add 1/3-2/3 cup water to thin out. For a creamy alternative, try almond or coconut milk in place of water.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss until well mixed through. Keep chilled until ready to serve. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallion if so desired. Enjoy!