Total Time: 25 minutes
* 12 ounces Brown Rice Penne Pasta
* 2 heirloom tomatoes, chopped
* 2 Tbsp. olive oil
* 3 leeks, sliced
* ½ sweet onion, sliced
* 4 cloves garlic, sliced
* 1/3 cup fresh sage, chopped
* 2 bunches rainbow Swiss chard, stems and leaves separated; cut crosswise into 1 inch slices
* 1 (15.5 ounce) can Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
* 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
* ¼ tsp. of chili powder
* ¼ tsp. of nutmeg
* ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
* ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
* ¼ cup golden raisins
* Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain, reserve ½ cup of the cooking water.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and onion; cook until they begin to soften, approximately 5 minutes. Add garlic and sage; stir for 3 minutes.
4. Add Swiss chard, tomatoes, beans and sweet potato; cook covered until potatoes are tender, approximately 10 minutes.
5. Add the reserved cooking water; simmer and stir until potatoes are tender, approximately 5 minutes.
6. Add cooked pasta, balsamic vinegar, chili powder and nutmeg. Gently toss to combine. Sprinkle with fresh basil, crushed red pepper, golden raisins, sea salt and black pepper.
7. Divide the cooked pasta among individual bowls. Top with Swiss chard mixture.
8. Serve warm or cold.