If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- Mesquite wood chips, for smoking
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 7 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, sliced into half moons
- 2 scallions, whites sliced thinly and greens chopped roughly
- First, smoke the potatoes. Preheat your smoker using manufacturer's instructions and load it with mesquite wood.
- While the smoker is preheating, wash, dry, and pierce your potatoes all over with a fork. Melt the butter and pour it over the potatoes and shower them in salt and pepper.
- Once your smoker is up to temperature, load in the potatoes. Set the timer to an hour and a half and smoke the potatoes. Check them after this time and if they aren't done, let them go for 30-minute intervals until desired consistency.
- Let the potatoes cool entirely before preparing the salad (this is a good time to cook the bacon if you haven't already!). Once cooled, chop the potatoes into 1-inch cubes, and then toss them in the apple cider vinegar.
- Whisk together the yogurt, mustard, and olive oil until it's full emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix everything together in a bowl until all the ingredients are covered in the dressing. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge to chill further. Serve within a day for best results.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!