If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was adapted from Bailey's Farms. You will not use all the shredded beef for this recipe. —Paula Disbrowe
- 4 to 5 pounds chuck roast
- 1 medium sized white or brown onion cut into quarters
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly cracked pepper
- 6 poblano peppers
- 2 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- Monterey Jack
- Combine chile powder, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, & garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Rub spice mixture all over the chuck roast. Place onion in the bottom of a crock pot, place chuck roast on top of onion and pour beef broth in. Cook on high for 6-7 hours. Shred with two forks and set aside.
- Place poblanos & garlic cloves on a cookie sheet and roast under broiler until garlic is browned (you will have to remove these before the peppers are done) and peppers are blistered.
- Let peppers cool in a pot with a lid on it and peel skin off. Cut a slit on one side, scoop seeds out and run under cool water to remove any extra seeds not removed.
- Combine the can of tomato sauce, garlic, onion and 1/4 cup beef juice(both scooped out of crock pot) in a blender until smooth.
- Stuff chiles with ¼ cup shredded beef, jack cheese, top with tomato sauce, more cheese and bake in the oven at 425*F degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!