If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simultaneously sweet and spicy, this fruity, smoky quinoa salad is like summer in a bowl! —CakePants
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup corn (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 peach, pitted and diced
- 3 ounces cotija cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 peach, pitted and diced (no need to peel)
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package.
- Place all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Test the oil with a piece of zucchini – once it sizzles upon contact, add the rest of the zucchini and sauté until softened (but not squishy), about 2 minutes. Transfer the zucchini to a plate or bowl. Add the corn to the skillet and sauté until tender (about 8-10 minutes for fresh corn, 1-2 minutes for frozen or canned). If you are using frozen corn, heat it in the microwave and drain any excess liquid before adding it to the skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, zucchini, corn, diced peach, and vinaigrette. Stir in half of the cotija, and sprinkle the remaining half on top, along with the chopped green onions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit