If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mung beans salad mixed with your favourite green vegetables such as courgettes and asparagus and topped with roasted pistachios. —spicyblackbean
- 100 grams mung beans
- 2 courgettes
- 200 grams green asparagus
- 2 tablespoons raw pistachio nuts
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- salt & black pepper
- Add approx. 1 litre of vegetable stock to a medium saucepan and bring to boil. Rinse the mung beans under the cold water and add them to the saucepan. Bring the pot to boil over high heat, then reduce to medium-low and simmer for approx. 30 minutes.
- Use a large frying pan to roast the pistachios; heat the frying pan over a medium heat then add the pistachios stirring them frequently. Roast the pistachios for approx. 3-4 minutes until they are very lightly browned.
- Slice the courgettes and cut the asparagus as preferred. Using the same large frying pan heat the olive oil and add the courgettes and asparagus. Sauté the vegetables until golden brown but still crispy. Add chilli flakes for extra heat.
- In the large serving bowl mix the mung beans, courgettes and asparagus. Add chopped fresh parsley, green onions and juice from the fresh lemon, pinch of salt and black pepper then mix well.
- Top the mung bean salad with roasted pistachios and fresh parsley. Squeeze more lemon juice for fresh taste.