Author Notes: Spicy and Sweet Brussels Sprouts - an explosion of tangy, sweet and zesty flavors. With lime, honey, & Sriracha sauce. —Holly
tablespoon Sriracha sauce
tablespoons lime juice
pounds Brussels sprouts
tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
In This Recipe
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, combine the honey, Sriracha, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Gently cut off the very end of each Brussels Sprout, leaving most of it intact (this will keep the sprouts from falling apart while they are being cooked).
- Next cut each one in half length-wise.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Place the cut Brussels Sprouts flat side down for about 5 minutes and let them brown. (Be sure to not overcrowd. If all the Brussels Sprouts don’t fit in the pan, sauté a second batch.)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then rotate the Brussels Sprouts onto their other side in the pan and sprinkle again with salt and pepper. Sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Drizzle with the honey, Sriracha, lime mixture, and cook about 2 more minutes in the pan.
- Slide the Brussels Sprouts onto a serving dish and dig in! NOTE - The Brussels Sprouts should be a little crunchy. If they cook too long they will be bitter.