If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy and Sweet Brussels Sprouts - an explosion of tangy, sweet and zesty flavors. With lime, honey, & Sriracha sauce. —Holly
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, combine the honey, Sriracha, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Gently cut off the very end of each Brussels Sprout, leaving most of it intact (this will keep the sprouts from falling apart while they are being cooked).
- Next cut each one in half length-wise.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Place the cut Brussels Sprouts flat side down for about 5 minutes and let them brown. (Be sure to not overcrowd. If all the Brussels Sprouts don’t fit in the pan, sauté a second batch.)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then rotate the Brussels Sprouts onto their other side in the pan and sprinkle again with salt and pepper. Sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Drizzle with the honey, Sriracha, lime mixture, and cook about 2 more minutes in the pan.
- Slide the Brussels Sprouts onto a serving dish and dig in! NOTE - The Brussels Sprouts should be a little crunchy. If they cook too long they will be bitter.