If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Everything I create begins at our local farmers market and Whole Foods on Saturday morning. Fresh corn, heirloom tomatoes and my home grown basil made a perfect match for this summertime recipe. —Sweet&Savory
large fresh corn cob, cobbed
cup heavy cream
cups variety of heirloom tomatoes, quartered
tablespoon basil olive oil
sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy sauce pan cook the corn and heavy cream over medium heat until thick and creamy. Add the butter then sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Put quartered tomatoes in a medium bowl, sprinkle with sea salt and let rest.
- Fry basil leaves in oil on medium heat until crisp.
- Divide tomatoes among four plates, top with creamed corn. Garnish with fried basil and basil olive oil and finish with some sea salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes