If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Smoked Mozzarella Chorizo Peppers topped off with cilantro and green onions. Packed with amazing flavor and full of all kinds of healthiness! —Holly
- 8 large red peppers (use orange or yellow if preferred)
- Cooking/grilling spray
- salt & pepper
- 8 ounces fresh smoked mozzarella
- 3 ounces thinly sliced chorizo (10 slices: 8 to grill on the peppers and 2 more chopped for garnish)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Wash, dry and cut peppers in half lengthwise. Carefully remove all stems, seeds and veins. Spray both sides with grilling spray and salt & pepper.
- Heat grill to 450 degrees.
- Place peppers on the grill skin side up, close the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn peppers over and grill (lid closed) for 4-5 more minutes.
- While the peppers are cooking, cut mozzarella into 8 slices – roughly ½ inch thick.
- Add one slice of chorizo, then one slice of mozzarella to each pepper. Close the grill and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove from the grill and top with sliced onions, the rest of the chopped chorizo, and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!