Smoked Mozzarella Chorizo Peppers topped off with cilantro and green onions. Packed with amazing flavor and full of all kinds of healthiness!
Smoked Mozzarella Chorizo Peppers topped off with cilantro and green onions. Packed with amazing flavor and full of all kinds of healthiness!—Holly
large red peppers (use orange or yellow if preferred)
salt & pepper
ounces fresh smoked mozzarella
ounces thinly sliced chorizo (10 slices: 8 to grill on the peppers and 2 more chopped for garnish)
green onions, sliced
cup fresh cilantro, chopped
In This Recipe
- Wash, dry and cut peppers in half lengthwise. Carefully remove all stems, seeds and veins. Spray both sides with grilling spray and salt & pepper.
- Heat grill to 450 degrees.
- Place peppers on the grill skin side up, close the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn peppers over and grill (lid closed) for 4-5 more minutes.
- While the peppers are cooking, cut mozzarella into 8 slices – roughly ½ inch thick.
- Add one slice of chorizo, then one slice of mozzarella to each pepper. Close the grill and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove from the grill and top with sliced onions, the rest of the chopped chorizo, and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!