If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: All my best recipes seem to come together out of improvisation. This one was the same. I tossed together hearty greens and the season's best apricots with my cumin-lime dressing and some quickly roasted broccoli from the garden. Add tempeh and this quick summer salad becomes a full meal. —Rebecca Fallihee | Eggplant & Olive
- 4 fresh apricots, pitted and sliced
- 6-8 cups kale or other greens, finely chopped
- 1 bunch broccoli, broken into small pieces
- 12 ounces tempeh, cut into squares
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Cumin Lime Dressing
- 1 jalepeno pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- juice of 2 limes + a little zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. On a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spread the broccoli and tempeh, toss with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 10-15 minutes, until just tender.
- While the broccoli is roasting, prepare the greens in a large salad bowl. Then, toss them together with the broccoli, tempeh, apricots, and hazelnuts.
- To make the dressing, puree all the ingredients together in a food processor or blender, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the dressing a little at a time to the salad, using the preferred amount. There will likely be extra.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit