This comes from trying to keep up with my garden and the need for a quick, on-the-go lunch.
This comes from trying to keep up with my garden and the need for a quick, on-the-go lunch.—gbubbles
Serves: 2 or more
large ripe tomatoes
a large chunk of fresh mozzarella
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
Torn fresh Basil
In This Recipe
- Chop tomatoes and avocados into large chunks and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Tear mozzarella into chunks and add to the bowl.
- Add a good splash of olive oil (enough to lightly coat everything in the bowl).
- Season with salt & fresh pepper to taste.
- Stir to combine, cover bowl and refrigerate (at least an hour).
- When ready to eat toss in sliced scallions, basil and serve.
- Will keep for a few days. Is great by itself, with crusty bread; tossed over pasta; or on top of a nice piece of grilled fish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes