If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Miso roasted eggplant of course is nothing new, but combined with cherries and kefir, it is again another way to give this dish a new sense of flavor. On this plate you find all you need: crispy bread, caramelized eggplant, creamy kefir and the acid of the cherries. A simple yet beautiful summer´s dish. Keep your miso sauce on stock and fix yourself a treat with a minimum effort. Mmmmhhmiso...enjoy —Eatery Berlin
- 1 Eggplant
- 25 grams Sugar
- 25 milliliters Sake
- 25 milliliters Water
- 35 grams Miso Paste
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 2 pieces Sourdough Bread
- 1 Spring Onion
- 10 Cherries
- 100 grams Kefir
- Salt to flavor
- For the eggplant, wash it and cut it in halves. Slice squares in each half.
- Bring water, sake and sugar to the boil. Cook it at medium heat for 5 minutes until it thickens a little. Now add the remaining ingredients and whisk it until smooth.
- Preheat the oven at 210°C. Put the eggplant in a pan and marinate each half with 2 tablespoons of miso sauce. Now roast it for 15 minutes in the oven. Afterwards marinate it again and cook it for another 15 minutes until nicely caramelized.
- Meanwhile wash the cherries and the spring onion. Cut the cherries in halves and remove the seeds. Cut the spring onion in thin rings.
- Once the eggplant is cooked, toast the bread and drizzle the kefir on two plates. Then arrange the eggplant on top and season it a little with salt. Add cherries and spring onions.
- Enjoy with a good, chilled Chardonnay.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit