If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Asian inspired dish uses two different stone fruits: plums and mango. The contrasting colours look so beautiful together! The dish produces a delicious sweet and sour sauce all by itself and there is no need to use any oil. —morning glory
- 8 chicken thighs (skin on, bone in)
- 1 mango
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh turmeric (or 1 heaped tsp powdered turmeric)
- 1 scotch bonnet chilli or 5 birds-eye chillies (I used yellow scotch bonnet)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 plums, halved, stones removed
- 16 star-anise
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Blend the chopped flesh of the mango, turmeric, chopped chilli, garlic and salt to make the marinade.
- With a sharp knife, slash each chicken thigh several times across the skin sidePlace the chicken thighs in a bowl or food bag with the marinade, ensuring they are thoroughly coated. Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the oven to 180 C. Place the chicken thighs in a baking dish and spoon any remaining marinade over the top of each one.
- Bake for 40 minutes, basting halfway through. There is no need to add oil.
- Tuck the plum halves between the chicken thighs, topping each plum half with a star anise. Drizzle the plums with soy sauce. Bake for 10 minutes until the plums are cooked through.
- Serve with rice or noodles and some fresh coriander leaves to garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit