If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: American Whiskey's (www.AmericanWhiskeynyc.com) Jumbo Lump Crab Cake with smoked avocado recipe is perfect for any occasion. It is especially great to serve at any dinner party this summer. The flavorful crab cakes will be sure to impress your guests and leave them happy! —staff
Serves 1 person
- 1 pound Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 4 ounces Shallot, Brunoise
- 4 ounces Celery, Brunoise
- .5 tablespoons Old Bay
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Lemon Juice and Tobasco to taste
- INGREDIENTS FOR SMOKED AVOCADO PUREE BELOW
- 2 Ripened Avocados
- 1 Lemon
- 3 tablespoons Smoked Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sweat shallots and celery until translucent. Cool.
- In a large mixing bowl mix all ingredients lightly until just binded ensuring that the crab meat is still intact and in large pieces.
- Form into needed size and sear on both sides with olive oil in a sautee pan or flat top grill.
- PREPARATION FOR SMOKED AVOCADO PUREE BELOW
- place peeled and seeded avocado in a food processor, Puree until smooth with the juice of one lemon and smoked olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a spoon of avocado puree on a plate and slide your spoon through it in one fluid motion. Place the crab cake on the plate that is most visually appealing to your eye.
- Top the crab cake with a salad of herbs and frisee if you so desire.
More Great Recipes: Entrees