If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’m particularly fond of adding oats to smoothies, perhaps because they’re such a beloved mainstay in my breakfasts anyway, or because I’m pretty convinced that the soluble fiber in them helps to keep me very full indeed, or because they contribute a lovely thickness to smoothie blends without making them overly heavy (which is what can happen when you go a little too far with the nut butters or flax meal).
This smoothie features a few of my favorite smoothie enhancers, including some chia, some peanut butter, and some rolled oats. Combined with fruit and almond milk, this is a simple blend, but it’s one that tastes amazing and is almost guaranteed to help keep you satisfied. —Gena Hamshaw
- 1 peeled, ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cups frozen berries of your choice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups almond or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut or almond butter
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a powerful blender and blend till smooth. I prefer a very thick smoothie, but if the texture is too thick for your liking, add extra non-dairy milk and continue pulsing the mixture in the blender until it has reached a desired consistency.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!