If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love poached eggs, and my darling husband actually turns green at the thought of them! Every time he goes out of town, I treat myself to eggs. This actually would be a wonderful brunch dish to serve, as long as you know who wasn't there. —BetsyLynnS
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, woody ends snapped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon Paddlefish Caviar
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saute pan and steam the asparagus until just tender a bright green. Plunge into an ice water bath and dry between paper towels
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saute pan and poach the egg for about 1.5 minutes.
- Place the steamed asparagus on a pretty warmed plate. Top with the freshly poached egg and crown it with the caviar. The egg acts as a dressing for the asparagus and the caviar is the perfect seasoning.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs