If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: From my book Cake Magic!: Mix & Match Your Way to 100 Amazing Combinations. —CarolineWright
Makes 4 cups
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup malted milk powder
- pinches salt
- 4 cups (one 16-ounce box) confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- Combine the butter, malted milk powder, salt, and 2 cups of the sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on low speed until incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Add the remaining sugar and beat on medium speed until the frosting is pale and no longer grainy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and beat until the frosting is very light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Malted Vanilla Frosting will keep, in an airtight container in the refrigerator, for 1 week. Before using, bring it back to room temperature and stir it vigorously or beat it again for best results.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!