If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It was Girls Night Out at the W Hotel in Amsterdam last week (it's not so exotic since we all live there, but it's still special). We ordered what was called "Spicy Pile of Tomatoes" to share with our steaks. Terrible description, but what arrived made us all raise our eyebrows and say "mmmm...". Three of us announced plans to reproduce it at home the next day. I realize now as I write it down that it's really just a salsa in disguise, but you're still going to raise your eyebrows! Serve it with whatever is on the BBQ and enjoy the flavors of summer. —Shortrib
- 2 cups ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 jalopeno pepper, finely sliced into rings
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice from 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the tomatoes, red onion, jalopeno and cilantro in a salad bowl.
- Pour over the olive oil. Add the lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss and serve!