Author Notes: These pops were inspired by Eating Well's Strawberry-Lime Ice Cream Pie, because my husband thinks that popcorn is dessert, so if I make a whole cake or pie, he doesn't do a great job helping me eat it. —pantryhero
Makes: 4 pops
cups sliced ripe strawberries (about 3/4 of a 1 lb. clamshell pack)
tablespoons white sugar
tablespoon light corn syrup
pinches table salt
tablespoons lime juice
tablespoon white rum
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup plain Greek yogurt (I used full-fat)
cup whipping cream
- In a small food processor, purée the strawberries until liquefied. Remove the seeds by straining the purée through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing on the solids to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Place the strained purée, sugar, corn syrup, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a bare simmer, then turn the heat to low / medium-low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until thickened and jammy, about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add the lime juice, rum, vanilla extract, and yogurt to the strawberry purée. Whisk to combine well.
- In a medium bowl—preferably one with a spout—whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in half of the purée-yogurt mixture, and then fold in the rest of it. Stir with a whisk a few times if there are any lumps remaining—we're not making a soufflé here; a few turns of the whisk isn't going to ruin it.
- Pour into molds and freeze until solid. It helps to run hot water over the mold to loosen up the pops when you want to remove them.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts