If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These pops were inspired by Eating Well's Strawberry-Lime Ice Cream Pie, because my husband thinks that popcorn is dessert, so if I make a whole cake or pie, he doesn't do a great job helping me eat it. —pantryhero
Makes 4 pops
- 2 cups sliced ripe strawberries (about 3/4 of a 1 lb. clamshell pack)
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- pinches table salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon white rum
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used full-fat)
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- In a small food processor, purée the strawberries until liquefied. Remove the seeds by straining the purée through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing on the solids to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Place the strained purée, sugar, corn syrup, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a bare simmer, then turn the heat to low / medium-low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until thickened and jammy, about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add the lime juice, rum, vanilla extract, and yogurt to the strawberry purée. Whisk to combine well.
- In a medium bowl—preferably one with a spout—whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in half of the purée-yogurt mixture, and then fold in the rest of it. Stir with a whisk a few times if there are any lumps remaining—we're not making a soufflé here; a few turns of the whisk isn't going to ruin it.
- Pour into molds and freeze until solid. It helps to run hot water over the mold to loosen up the pops when you want to remove them.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts