If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite buttermilk biscuit recipe is given a a sweet and spicy twist with Sriracha compound butter and a slather of raw honey. I'm not sure why I didn't do this before today. —Oat&Sesame
- 1 3/4 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1-2 tablespoons Rodelle Asian Sriracha Seasoning Blend
- *make extra if you want to spread on finished biscuits
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 sticks very cold compound butter (above), cubed and kept chilled
- 1 1/2 cups cold buttermilk
- Make the Compound Butter:
- Bring butter to room temp. Mix in salt and sriracha seasoning. Blend well. Place on parchment or wax paper. Shape and roll to form a cylindrical log using the wax paper. Refrigerate until very cold or freeze. When ready to use, slice into small pats of butter, reserving any extra you made for spreading onto finished biscuits.
- Preheat the oven to 400° and position racks in the upper and lower thirds.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add in compound butter. Loosely toss it in the flour until coated and then use your fingers or a pastry blender to cut in the butter until it is the size of peas. Add the buttermilk and stir using a wooden spoon until a shaggy dough forms.
- Place the shaggy dough on a floured surface and knead until it comes together. Keeping in mind that you don't want to overwork the dough and it's ok for it to remain a bit shaggy and dry.
- Softly press out the dough to desired thickness - I go for 2".
- Using a round biscuit cutter, stamp out the biscuits, combining the scraps to make more biscuits.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden and lofty.
- Let them cool for a minute or two and slice for sandwiches or honey, sriracha butter and jam.
- *adding honey with an additional sprinkle of sriracha seasoning is mind blowing.
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch