If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Our CSA delivered beautiful ripe yellow plums, which makes for a very tasty jam! Spread it on toast, spoon it on yogurt or layer it in tarts, this spread is the jam… —Culinista Annouchka
Makes 1 1/2 cup
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow plums
- 4 - 5 ripe apricots
- 1/2 cup cane sugar (or more if desired)
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 pod of vanilla (seeded)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Place the plums, apricots, sugar and lemon in a sauce pan and simmer gently until the fruit break up, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and almond extract. Bring to a soft boil, stirring constantly for at least 5 minutes.
- Reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally until the liquid reduces by at least half and thickens to a jam consistency, about 20 minutes.
- Leave in the saucepan to cool, the jam will thicken considerably. Place in a glass jar when cool and store in the fridge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums