Author Notes: Our CSA delivered beautiful ripe yellow plums, which makes for a very tasty jam! Spread it on toast, spoon it on yogurt or layer it in tarts, this spread is the jam… —Culinista Annouchka
Makes: 1 1/2 cup
pounds yellow plums
4 - 5
cup cane sugar (or more if desired)
tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
pod of vanilla (seeded)
teaspoon almond extract
- Place the plums, apricots, sugar and lemon in a sauce pan and simmer gently until the fruit break up, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and almond extract. Bring to a soft boil, stirring constantly for at least 5 minutes.
- Reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally until the liquid reduces by at least half and thickens to a jam consistency, about 20 minutes.
- Leave in the saucepan to cool, the jam will thicken considerably. Place in a glass jar when cool and store in the fridge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums