If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Extremely moist with bits of corn, crushed pineapple and the perfect amount of sweetness! —Holly
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 14.5 ounces creamed corn (1 can)
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 4 ounces shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup canola oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Butter and flour a 9x2-inch round metal pan (or 9x9 square baking dish.)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, corn meal, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar. While the mixer is running, add the eggs one at a time beating well after each egg.
- Continue running the mixer and slowly one at a time, add the creamed corn, pineapple, cheese and canola oil. Mix until well blended.
- Grease the pan with 2 tablespoons of canola oil and set in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove pan from oven and immediately pour the batter into the pan and bake until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. The cornbread should be golden brown when done.