If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a classical Turkish summer vegetable recipe ,eaten warm or cold .. —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
- 1KG Cranberry Beans (Barlotti)
- 1 large onion cubed
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small carrot diced
- 1 small potato diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 lemon
- 1 chili pepper (optional)
- 2.5 cups water
- Prepare your beans. If fresh shell and wash them.
- Add olive oil to a pan heat then add onions , salt and sweat until they are soft.
- Add chilli pepper, diced carrots and potatoes and garlic. Sautee for a few minutes.
- Add sugar,tomato paste and the beans and cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring.
- Add bay leaf ,black pepper and add water. Simmer for half an hour until beans soften .
- Place on a serving plate , drizzle extra virgin oil on top, add chopped parsley and serve with a lemon wedge...